Botulax 200 Units/Vial , Package with Ice Pack
Clostridium type A botulinum toxin
(Strain: Clostridium botulinum CBFC26)
Dose: 200 units (U)
BOTULAX is a peripheral muscle relaxant that contains purified botulinum toxin type A (in combination with haemagglutinin) and sodium chloride (excipient). The mechanism of action of the product is based on the ability of botulinum toxin type A to block the transmission of nerve impulses. Intramuscular administration of the toxin disrupts the synthesis of acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter that ensures neuromuscular conduction) and leads to temporary paralysis of the facial muscles. Frozen facial expressions help relax muscles and smooth wrinkles.
It appears as a lyophilized white powder for injection in a colorless transparent vial and should become colorless
transparent liquid when the diluent (physiological saline) is added.
1. Benign essential blepharospasm in adult patients, 18 years age or above
2. Temporary improvement of serious glabellar wrinkles ranging from moderate to severe associated with corrugators muscle and/or procerus muscle activities in adults aged between 18 and 65.
Mode Of Action
- Botulinum toxin type A blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles.
- The botulinum toxin injected into the muscle can no longer shrink, which reduces wrinkles.
- It is used for: forehead lines, crow’s feet (wrinkles around the eye) and lion’s wrinkle.
- Horizontal and vertical neck wrinkles;
- Lip contour correction